Sunday, August 14, 2016

Slightly Creepy Post of the Day

Because I've been reading a good many books and watching a good many old movies and TV shows lately, I've posted FFB and Overlooked Movies stuff, along with a few regular book reviews, for months in advance.  It's occurred to me that if things don't work out for me, those posts might show up for a while after I've shuffled off this mortal coil (not that I have any expectation that's going to happen).  Kind of a creepy thought, I guess, but it's just one of the things I think about when I'm in a morbid mood.

5 comments:

George said...

I hope you take some steps to keep your blog online in perpetuity. It would stand as a reminder of your wit and good cheer.

Unknown said...

That's the plan, all right. Internet immortality.

Art Scott said...

I suggest you think of Bill's Blog as Altair IV, with the magnificent automated Krell-built machines keeping it running long after monsters from the id have removed you from the picture, continuing to dispense Songs of the Day, found Wal Mart pennies, Thin Mints, Vintage Ads, WBAGNFARBs, and other such delights in perpetuity.

Dan said...

Bill Crider's
POSTS FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

One of my regular riders is dying of cancer and he & I have some interesting talks. As he put it: "Okay, I'm dying but someone still has to take out the trash."

Anonymous said...

I had the world's least scary case of cancer - I didn't know about it until after the tumor had been removed, it was stage I, needed radiation only.

I still think about dying from it every day.