Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day to Me

I'm back in scenic Alvin, Texas, now, after nice weekend in Dallas at ConDFW.  I saw some old friends like Scott and Sandi Cupp, the Siros brothers, Mark Finn, Carole Nelson Douglas, Paul and Lillian Stewart Carl, Dwight Simms, Martha Wells, Rhonda Eudaly Simpson, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.  Several of us went to dinner last night at RedHot&Blue, where I had some great bbq brisket.  I was on a few panels, and all of them went well, so that was good.

This morning as I was looking around the hotel room to be sure I had everything packed up and ready to go, I felt Judy's presence in the room so strongly that I turned my head to look for her.  I didn't see her, but I still had that feeling. Then I remembered it was Valentine's Day and remembered that we'd shared more than 50 of those over the years.  Then the feeling was gone, but for a few seconds, five or ten, my Valentine was there in the room with me.  I don't know how much stock you put in things like visitations, but as for me, for today, anyway, I want to believe.

7 comments:

Deb said...

If you felt Judy was there, SHE was there!

Jeff Meyerson said...

Jackie says, she wants to believe too.

Ed Gorman said...

I believe too. Carol's recently passed sister comforts Carol all the time.

Cap'n Bob said...

I've heard too many of these phenomena to dismiss them lightly.

Don Coffin said...

Iggy Pop, "Keep On Believing"
(https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=keep+on+believing+lyrics)|
There's a song for everything, sometimes in the strangest places.

lastromantic49 said...

What is remembered lives. All t he best.

James Reasoner said...

I don't doubt it for a second.