Thursday, October 08, 2015

Bouchercon Bound

While you're reading this, I'm sitting in Hobby Airport in the Southwest terminal, waiting for the plane to Bouchercon.  Or I should be.  One never knows for sure.  While I'm in Raleigh hobnobbing with all the big names in mystery (Jeff Meyerson, George Kelley, etc.), the blog will continue as usual with all the regular stuff and the goofy stuff and the lists.  Or it should.  Blogger is pretty reliable, and I expect it to work.  I don't expect to have much time to respond to e-mails or comments on the blog, but maybe I can stick in a few Bouchercon updates.  If not, I'll report next week.  I'm flying back on Monday, and I should be back in the saddle by Tuesday.  Meanwhile, here's a picture of me and occasional commenter Steve Stilwell engaged in a discussion at the 2006 Bouchercon in Madison, WI.

7 comments:

Gerard said...

"Caption this photo."

Charles Gramlich said...

Have fun storming the Con!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'll be missing you - and the others - but not sorry to missing the travel. Good luck with your travel experiences. I look forward to updates while you are there and a full report upon your return. Have a great time.

I remember the why of the posture in the photo, but cannot remember where it was taken.

Stilwell

Anonymous said...

Of course, if I read more carefully, or completely, I might have noticed that you did post the where. Or, maybe I was just stunned by the handsomeness of the fellows in the photo.

Stilwell

Jeff Meyerson said...

That was a dance-off I'll never forget.

Too bad you're not here, Steve.

Jeff

Cap'n Bob said...

IIRC, there was a contest in Dapa-Em to caption the photo.

Thomas Miller said...

There are two types of people in the world. Those who can squat comfortably like that, and those who can't.