Tuesday, April 01, 2014

The Sound and the Fury of William Faulkner

The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
The Sound and the Fury of William Faulkner: William Faulkner was born William Cuthbert Falkner in 1897 in Mississippi and remained true to the old south all his life, always returning to Mississippi after stints and travels around the world. During his career, he wrote 20 novels, countless short stories and even a few collections of poetry. His most famous works include As I Lay Dying, The Sound and the Fury and Sartoris.

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Megan has practically camped out at his house while being in Oxford. A lovely place to write such lasting and loved books.

mybillcrider said...

I've never been there. I sure have read a lot of Faulkner, though.

Deb said...

I love his work, although my personal favorite--Light in August--is rarely mentioned.

mybillcrider said...

My favorite is The Sound and the Fury, followed by As I Lay Dying and Light in August. Well, Sanctuary is right in there, too.