Friday, February 21, 2014

Incredible, Amazing, Insane Revelation about True Detective

How's that for a headline?  I've been taking lessons from Buzzfeed and Cracked.  Anyway, I started reading Nic Pizzolatto's Galveston last night, and I learned a couple of things in the first 50 pages or so.  (1) The main character's name is Roy Cady.  (2) He makes little soldiers out of beer cans.  Get it?  Roy Cady?  R. C.  Same initials as Rust Cohle in True Detective, and he makes little guys out of beer cans!  So Cohle is really Cady.  Well, except that the ages don't match up.  We Internet theorists don't let a little thing like that bother us.

2 comments:

Steve Oerkfitz said...

I read Galveston when it was first published and enjoyed but don't remember details. It is being made into a film according to IMDB.

mybillcrider said...

I'm not surprised it's being filmed. Probably thanks to the success of TRUE DETECTIVE.