Sunday, February 10, 2013

If You Live in L.A., Just Stay at Home

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com: Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue. 

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, that 71 year old Hispanic woman delivering newspapers didn't look like him either and they shot her. Anyway, didn't they find his burnt out pickup? Why are they still shooting people?


Jeff

Bud said...

Murderous thug-nut vs. gun-happy keystone cops, and people are picking sides !?! Sad state of affairs indeed.

Deb said...

I lived in Torrance for many years. A nice community, but some if the interactions I had with the police gave me pause. At one point we lived in a house facing an apartment building. I heard noises in my driveway. Torrance police officers were hiding behind my car, guns trained on the apartment. I hid under the bed, expecting any minute to hear a fuselage of gunfire. Nothing happened, but the police drove away never once knocking on my door to explain what had happened or to, ya know, explain about using my car as a shield/bullet magnet. A couple of years later, I found a hamper full of children's clothing shoved under a bush in my front yard. It was not accidental, the clothes had obviously been placed there. I had visions of kidnapped children, but when I called TPD to report, the officers who came out mocked me and acted as if I were wasting their time. Sadly, when I heard about the wan being shot, I can't say I was surprised.

Cap'n Bob said...

They need Bish down there to show them how things are done.