Friday, April 15, 2011

Forgotten Books: Spectra: A Galaxy of Bestsellers

Again, a book that some would claim isn't a book at all. However, I checked Abebooks, and someone's offering a copy for sale ($25, if you're interested). So I figure that makes it a book. Like The Elmore Leonard Reader, this is one I picked up off the counter at a Waldenbooks. This one came out in 1991, and it persuaded me to buy the Tom De Haven book excerpted therein. That book was Walker of Worlds: Chronicles of the King's Tramp. I liked it enough to read the other two books in the trilogy, but I suspect that they qualify as forgotten books themselves now.


4 comments:

Scott Cupp said...

There is some good stuff in there. Great choice.

George said...

I remember this at Walden's, but I neglected to pick up a copy. D'oh!

SteveHL said...

I haven't read the King's Tramp books but I thought De Haven's Funny Papers trilogy about comic strip artists was really good.

Unknown said...

I read the first one but somehow missed the sequels.