Monday, October 19, 2009

Back Home Again (and Not In Indiana)

Judy and I hit the ground in Houston about three hours ago, and now we're trying to do some catching up with all the laundry, all the mail, all the books, and, well, you know. We had a great time, and though we didn't know for sure we'd get to make the trip until a day or so before, we're both glad we did. Things went just fine. I didn't have my little video camera, but apparently I didn't need it, since Jim Winter had one and posted some videos at The Rap Sheet. Next time, I'll be sure to take mine.

The weather in Indianapolis wasn't anything the tourist bureau would like to discuss, I'm sure. Wet, cold, and windy most of the time, so we pretty much stayed inside the hotel except for venturing out to eat. Often at the Weber Grill.

We've made our reservations for San Francisco in 2010. See you there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on, Bill, every one is waiting for details of your trip to the mall with the ladies.

Jeff

mybillcrider said...

As I said on George's blog, what happens in Indy stays in Indy.

Anonymous said...

I asked a native what was Indiana food. She said Pork Tenderloin. The rest of the country just didn’t do it right. You slice it into a thin flat oval and pound the heck out of it then bread it then pound the heck out of it some more then bread it again, then fry it in up. So the "food of Indiana" is a Pork-Chicken Steak with fried biscuits. I didn’t find that on the menu at the Weber Grill
Bryan Barrett

mybillcrider said...

Me, neither, Bryan. But I wish it had been.