Saturday, September 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Phyllis A. Whitney!

From the official website. Click on the link if you want to send greetings.

The Official PHYLLIS A. WHITNEY Web site - 2007 Birthday Book: "In honor of her upcoming 104th birthday, please join me and others in sending birthday greetings to Phyllis A. Whitney; someone who has brought us so much reading pleasure over the years. Perhaps you might send a few words about why you like her books, which books are your favorites, or even how her books may have impacted your life. Our greetings will be presented to her on her birthday, September 9, 2007, as she celebrates this special occasion with her family."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yow. Lucid and writing at 104 is the way to live, all right.

mybillcrider said...

We should all be so lucky.

Anonymous said...

not so hard really. it's not as though writing is work.

mybillcrider said...

True.

Anonymous said...

proofreading sure is though. and editing might be. though i am very reluctant to admit it.

mybillcrider said...

Aren't we all?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that link, Bill. To be going strong at 104 is something in itself, but she's brought a good deal of reading pleasure to many people. I still remember some of her books that I read as a teenager -- so I guess I'm still lucid too. Only 54 years of lucidity to go, maybe I'll catch up. ;)

mybillcrider said...

I remember three or four of her books vividly from my long-lost youth.