Sunday, April 22, 2007

Traveling

As I get older, I like traveling less and less. My father, by the time he'd reached this age, had a firm rule: he never went anywhere that would require an overnight stay. I'm getting more like him every day. In fact, I'm perfectly happy right here in this little room where I'm sitting in front of my computer, surrounded by books. Why should I go anywhere?

Nevertheless, Judy and I are leaving today for New York City, where we'll be until next Friday. We'll see what we can see, and I'll probably have time to do a few little reports about our trip for the blog. Tomorrow, Jackie and Jeff Meyerson (a frequent commenter here) will be showing us around town a little, for which we're grateful. On our own, we're totally lost. We're such yokels that we can barely find our way around a hotel, much less a place like NYC.

After we get home next Friday, I have to go to Gonzales, Texas, for a book signing the very next day. It's about a three-hour drive, so I'll be able to come back home that evening. That's good. Anyway, if any of you happen to be in Gonzales next Saturday, stop by and say "hey."

The following Wednesday we have to drive up to Judy's hometown and take Judy's mother to the doctor in Waco. I'll have to stay overnight, but I can manage that.

Then on May 6 we're going to Galveston for a show by Bernadette Peters at the Grand Opera House. After that, maybe things will settle down a bit. I sure hope so.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the traveling Bill and Judy Show. Have fun in NYC, bring home the little statuette.

Unknown said...

I think I've had a subtle hint that I won't be bringing Edgar's head home. But we'll have fun anyway, I hope.

pattinase (abbott) said...

We're rooting for you in Detroit.

Anonymous said...

Here's also hoping you've been misled.

Unknown said...

One never knows, Todd And thanks for rallying Detroit, Patti.

Unknown said...

One never knows, Todd And thanks for rallying Detroit, Patti.

Anonymous said...

Bill, my late father in law was the same about sleeping in his own bed.

Anyway, see you in a few.