Thursday, March 29, 2007

Da Vinci Code Update

Dan Brown cleared of being a Code copier | NEWS.com.au: "HISTORIANS Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh have lost the latest round of an epic legal battle in which they claim that author Dan Brown lifted their ideas for his blockbuster novel The Da Vinci Code.

Three of Britain's senior judges, Lords Justices Mummery, Rix and Lloyd today dismissed their appeal against an earlier High Court ruling rejecting their claims.

The decision leaves them facing estimated legal costs of �2 million ($4.8 million).

In their action against Da Vinci Code publishers, Random House, Baigent and Leigh claim that Brown copied significant parts of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail which they wrote in 1982.

In the appeal, their lawyers argued that the High Court judge, Mr Justice Smith, who controversially wrote a secret code of his own into his 71-page judgment, had misunderstood the law and the basis of their claims."

1 comment:

Randy Johnson said...

I enjoyed The DaVinci Code when I read it. However, after reading Mr. Brown's other novels, I noticed a disturbing trend. Upon the finish of hid third novel, I said to myself, "He's writing virtually the same villain every time." I started the fourth novel(actually his first published) and decided to see if I could figure out the villain driving the piece. On page 25, I picked out my suspect. Lo and behold, I was right. That decided me No more Dan Brown