Saturday, July 30, 2005

Wedding Crashers


OK, so I have low taste in movies. That's not a surprise, right? After I saw Wedding Crashers, I knew there were plenty of things wrong with it, but I couldn't really put my finger on all of them. So I read Roger Ebert's review, and he spotted all the things I noticed, plus a few more, and wrote about them much better than I ever chould. For Ebert, they spoiled the movie. For me, they didn't. I laughed a lot, in spite of all the flaws, and I'd recommend it.

However, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the Surprise Guest Star didn't work nearly as well as the moviemakers must have thought he would. I just don't get the guy, I guess.

Rachel McAdams (photo at left) works just fine, however. I know it's unseemly for a geezer of my years to say so, but she's one cute chick (as we said back in the day). Now I'm going to have to watch Mean Girls.

And one other thing: You can't miss when you end a movie like this with Rod Stewart and the Faces doing "Stay with Me." Great stuff.

1 comment:

Ray Banks said...

Yes, Bill, you'll have to watch MEAN GIRLS - it's actually a lot better than it looks.

And yes, I said that.