Tuesday, August 06, 2002

August 6, 2002: The reviews for Anna Nicole Smith's "reality" show are brutal. I watched it, of course, because Anna is from my hometown of Mexia, Texas. In fact, my brother taught high school there for many years, and she was in one of his biology classes. Under a different name, of course. She's clearly dumber than a rock, but she was smart enough to somehow go from working at Jim's Crispy Fried Chicken (where my father used to go because he liked the gizzards) to becoming a media phenomenon. Smalltown girl makes good. I mean, my brother's a lot smarter than she is, and he's not famous.

I have to admit the show was awful, though. Anna Nicole slurred her words so that I could hardly understand her. She knew nothing at all about the suicide bombings in the Middle East, and in fact when someone told her about them, she said, "Doesn't that hurt?"

But there she is: a star. Or what passes for one nowadays. Gotta give her credit for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anna nicole is a cia operative for a situation involving other planets. i cannot say more than that. her show is not on for entertainment value since it certainly has none of that. it is a ruse. it's real purpose is to be a terminal between earthlings and the Kothlans who are here with us helping to forstall an attack by the Induglaar bone harvesters. i should not even have said what little i have said. i am taking a great risk. but i believe anna's real purpose, disguised as a slovenly indifference to all things dignified, neeeds to be promulgated for she is a great selfless hero working for the survival of mankind.

mybillcrider said...

My wife watched that whole series. I couldn't take it.