Saturday, April 01, 2017

Chet Cunningham, R. I. P.

Chet Cunningham’s Advice to Writers: ‘Put Your Butt in the Chair and Do It’: Mr. Cunningham died March 14 at his home near San Diego. He was 88. 

He did his writing at home in a converted bedroom, where he was surrounded by filing cabinets, thousands of books and his cat. “Walk down the hall, turn left and I’m at work,” he once said. His daughter recalled falling asleep as a girl to the click-clack of his key strokes.

Hat tip to George Kelley.

5 comments:

Jerry House said...

Sorry to hear this. I've read some of his books and enjoyed them.

Cap'n Bob said...

Ditto. He maintained high standards with everything he wrote, at least of the ones I've read.

David Cranmer said...

Enduring inspiration. R.I.P.

George said...

I have a stack of Chet Cunningham books. I need to read one!

Speeddemon said...

Sad news, Chet never disappointed, he put you into his pages, his writing will be his legacy.