Friday, December 25, 2015

Star Wars!

Working on the theory that nobody would be at Star Wars on Christmas Eve, Angela, Allen, Tom, and I decided to go.  It worked out fine.  There weren't more than thirty people in the theater, which is about how I like it.  We all got a big kick out of the movie, which we saw at a Cinemark with XD, which just means a bigger than usual screen, and 3D, which, well, you know what that means.  We all enjoyed the movie, and I was encouraged to dig around in the back of the closet and bring out the t-shirt that I bought back in 1977 to wear.  Since it was 82 degrees, a t-shirt was the right kind of apparel.  

As for the movie, Harrison Ford stole the show as far as I was concerned, not that Daisy Ridley wasn't terrific.  John Boyega was good, too.  But Ford looked like he was having a wonderful time.  All the old friends were there, and I'm ready for the sequel.  At my age, I can only hope they get it made soon.

5 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

Clever! Years ago we went to Disneyland in Anaheim on Christmas Day (yes it was open) and it was pretty quiet with few lines.

82 is pretty nice. We had our own record with 66 this morning, but were mostly socked in with fog most of the day.

Gerald So said...

Episode 8 release date is May 26, 2017. :)

Deb said...

I'm impressed that something you purchased almost 40 years ago still fits!

George said...

Love your t-shirt! Patrick and Katie used your Chirstma Eve strategy, too. Only about 15 people were in the audience. They loved the new STAR WARS film as much as you and I did!

Don Coffin said...

We're going next week, in the afternoon. I started re-watching the first three last night in preparation and have some thoughts about it (with maybe spoilers).
http://wordsmusic-doc.blogspot.com/2015/12/on-re-viewing-star-wars-new-hope.html