Monday, September 24, 2012

Once Again Texas Leads the Way

Fox News: Because of the lack of water, the town of  Brownwood may tap into their wastewater by installing a system that cycles toilet water through a series of treatment plants and right back into the municipal water supply, MyFoxAustin reports.

I taught in Brownwood for 12 years.  While I was there, I met a hydrologist who told me this:  "There's good news and bad news about water.  The good news is that in the future we're all going to be drinking recycled waste water.  The bad new is that there's not going to be enough of it."  Looks as if he might have been right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least we know the reason now. Seems Rick Perry "forgot" that third thing in the debate because of "Chronic insomnia."

I bet that makes you sleep better.


Jeff

Marsdon said...

Back when I was living in Glendale 15 years ago they started to use the recycled water for all of the city landscaping and parks, and also for fighting fires.

Cap'n Bob said...

That's why they should drink Dr Pepper.