Sunday, June 10, 2012

Frank Cady, R. I. P.

latimes.com: Frank Cady, 96, a character actor who played Hooterville general-store proprietor Sam Drucker on the TV sitcoms “Green Acres” and “Petticoat Junction,” died Friday at his home in Wilsonville, Ore., said his daughter, Catherine Turk. No specific cause was given.


Like Mr. Haney, Eb Dawson, Hank Kimball and Arnold the Pig, Cady’s Sam Drucker was a supporting cast member on “Green Acres” to lawyer Oliver Wendell Douglas and his socialite wife, Lisa, played by Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor, who had ditched the high life in New York City for the charms of a farm in Hooterville.

2 comments:

August West said...

God bless him, there is a face that most of America grew up with in the 60's.

Deb said...

Sadly, this is another of those "I didn't know he was still alive until I read his obituary" moments for me. R.I.P. Mr. Drucker.