Friday, January 27, 2012

Here's the plot of your next realistically Kafka-esque expose

Mail Online: A man held in solitary confinement for two years and forced to pull his own tooth because he was denied dental care has been awarded $22million for violation of his constitutional rights.

Stephen Slevin, 58, from New Mexico, was given the payout after accusing Dona Ana County jail of essentially forgetting about him after he was arrested for driving while intoxicated, not giving him the healthcare he needed and treating him inhumanely.

Hat tip to Todd Mason.

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Now I only need to learn to type. Perhaps typos on his incarceration record...

mybillcrider said...

I have my own typing troubles. I should've fixed the typo to begin with, but I didn't notice it.

Deb said...

If he was forgotten for two years, who was feeding him?