Friday, April 15, 2011

PimPage: An Occasional Feature in Which I Call Interesting Books to Your Attention

It's been my pleasure to have known Dean James for many years. I'm sure I must have met him the first year I moved to the Houston area (1983) because one of the first places I visited in Houston was Murder by the Book, where he was working at the time.

So I've known Dean since before he ever published a novel, and I remember well when he was working on his first one. He quoted me the opening lines one day at the bookstore, and I knew immediately that he had a marketable book. Since then, he's written and published a lot of books in several series under several names. Now, as Miranda James, he's hit the big time: the NYTBR bestseller list. This is the first book in the series. The second is due in about a month. Get in on the ground floor!

No comments: