Monday, January 10, 2011

Obviously I'm No Longer Young

Young people prefer praise to sex, money - USATODAY.com: "Sex, booze or money just can't compare with the jolt young people get from a boost to their self-esteem, says a new study of college students that found the desire for praise trumped other desires or needs.

'We looked at all the things college students love and they love self-esteem more,' says lead author Brad Bushman, a professor of communication and psychology at Ohio State University in Columbus.

Researchers found that engaging in sex, drinking alcohol, getting a paycheck, eating a favorite food or seeing a best friend couldn't top the high that students got from a boost to their self-esteem."

3 comments:

Gar Haywood said...

I prefer to be praised and given money AFTER sex. Does that count?

Brent McKee said...

There's a lady of my acquaintance who I wish would praise me by giving me sex.

Todd Mason said...

I'd have to wonder at the poverty of a sex life that doesn't raise one's self-esteem.