Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jackson Gillis, R. I. P.

Jackson Gillis, Prolific TV Writer, Dies at 93 - Obituary (Obit) - NYTimes.com: "Cops and detectives, doctors and lawyers, spies and cowboys, heroes, superheroes and semi-superheroes. These are staples of television drama, and one of the unsung people who stapled them was Jackson Gillis, a prolific slogger in the trenches of television writing whose career spanned more than four decades and whose scripts put words in the mouths of Superman, Perry Mason, Columbo, Wonder Woman, Zorro, Tarzan, Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin, Jessica Fletcher and, in a manner of speaking, Lassie.

Mr. Gillis died of pneumonia in Moscow, Idaho, on Aug. 19, his daughter, Candida, said. He was 93."

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I recall seeing the name a lot, especially on the Perry Mason credits.

Toby O'B said...

It was his work on 'Columbo' that made me take notice; when I saw it on other shows, I knew I had a good story ahead of me....