Monday, May 10, 2010

Understatement of the Day

Man who shot self in groin at parking lot found guilty | SummitDaily.com: "A man who fired a handgun into his groin at a local parking lot last year was found guilty Wednesday of a felony and two misdemeanors.

David Leroy Blurton, 50, had been drinking alcohol the evening of May 29, 2009 when he pulled a Makarov 9mm pistol from his truck near City Market in Dillon and tried to cock it, resulting in serious injury, according to Deputy District Attorney Kristine Word.
[. . . .]
“He's not a bad guy. He just made a series of really bad choices,” she said"

Hat tip to Jeff Meyerson.

2 comments:

Gerard Saylor said...

I used to have a Makarov. But I did not shoot myself.

Gar Haywood said...

At absolutely heinous crime. At the sentencing hearing, were I him, I would implore the judge to give me the chair.