Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PW Likes Mississippi Vivian -- Coming April 15

Mississippi Vivian: A Ted Stephens Mystery Bill Crider and Clyde Wilson. Five Star, $25.95 (236p) ISBN 978-1-59414-874-3
Anthony-winner Crider's laconic down-home humor suffuses his colorful second collaboration with celebrated Texas PI Clyde Wilson, who died in 2008 (after 2007's Houston Homicide). In the summer of 1970, a possible insurance scam takes Houston PI Ted Stephens to Losgrove, Miss., where he meets Mississippi Vivian, a waitress at the Magnolia Café, the town's nerve center. [Plot summary, blah, blah blah.] The authors get the Southern atmosphere and period details right in this funny, country-fried mystery.

You know you want a copy, of course. Clyde won't be signing any, but you can get one signed by yours truly from Murder by the Book in Houston. I'm sure they'll be happy to accept your advance orders.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with that pairing. I've been waiting for this one.

Jeff

Gerard Saylor said...

I still have not read the first one. I need to read faster.

Todd Mason said...

Do you think you want to continue this series, if demand proves out?

Unknown said...

Probably not, Todd. Clyde contributed too much to it for me to continue it on my own.

Richard Robinson said...

Now I have a reason to look forward to Tax Day! Thanks!