Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh. My. God.

Cruise and Stiller to star in 'Hardy Men' - UPI.com: "LOS ANGELES, Feb. 13 (UPI) -- 'Men in Black' screenwriter Ed Solomon has been hired to pen 'Hardy Men,' a comedic adaptation of the classic 'Hardy Boys' kids' novels.

Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise are set to play grown-up versions of fraternal sleuths Frank and Joe Hardy, who have been estranged for years, but reunite to solve a new mystery, The Hollywood Reporter said. The film is to be helmed by Stiller's 'Night at the Museum' director Shawn Levy."

10 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Your title is spot on!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my aversion to Cruise trumps my crush on Stiller!

Anonymous said...

The truffle hounds have found yet another nugget.

Fred Blosser said...

I'm not sure which of these guys I detest more. Only saving grace, maybe Cruise will jump up and down on a couch some more when they go on the publicity junket.

Unknown said...

You know, I bet they'll be able to pull off the scam. Maybe both need the money.

Bill, I tried to put a link on my last running bore post to a funny article on the evolution of running. I failed. As far as your own running goes, keep the rubber side down.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Aaiee! Make it stop! It burns!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely in the minority here. I think this could be pretty funny. Both guys are great comic actors.

David Cranmer said...

Dios mio!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think the Hardy Boys was supposed to be a comedy.

Or, rather, an attempt at a comedy.

MysterLynch said...

I think it will come down to the screenplay. A smart script could make this entertaining.

That said, I am not holding my breath.