Sunday, June 22, 2008

There's a Killer Loose! by Mickey Spillane & Max Allan Collins

My review of this story is over at Nasty, Brutish, and Short. The story's in EQMM's new Black Mask section in the August issue, which I recommend to you not only for that story but for contributions by Jan Burke, Nancy Pickard, Jorge Luis Borges, Brendan DuBois, O'Neil de Noux, and a number of others. The magazine's running out of Ed Hoch stories, I'm sorry to say, but there's a reprint in this issue (first U. S. appearance).

Disclaimer: I write the "Blog Bytes" column for EQMM, but this is an unpaid plug.

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

Probably not the only magazine ever to run Borges and Spillane, as filtered through whichever translator and Collins, in the same issue, but I doubt there have been many. Certainly the only one to feature Jan Burke more prominently than either.