Saturday, June 21, 2008

Check Your Bumpers

Shankar Vedantam - Looking to Avoid Aggressive Drivers? Check Those Bumpers. - washingtonpost.com: "That's the surprising conclusion of a recent study by Colorado State University social psychologist William Szlemko. Drivers of cars with bumper stickers, window decals, personalized license plates and other 'territorial markers' not only get mad when someone cuts in their lane or is slow to respond to a changed traffic light, but they are far more likely than those who do not personalize their cars to use their vehicles to express rage -- by honking, tailgating and other aggressive behavior."

Thanks to Steve Stilwell for the link. As for me, I'm going out to remove my "I Heart Paris Hilton" sticker.

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

Pfui! I was a road rage maniac long before I ever got my ANYBODY BUT HITLERY sticker.