Saturday, April 28, 2007

At the Edgar Reception

Sandy Balzo chats up Stephen King while Dave Barry talks to someone else. I got to talk to Barry quite a big because I mentioned Jeff Meyerson's name; that was the key. I also introduced Ted Hertel to Barry by using Jeff's name. So if you ever meet Dave Barry, you know know how to start a conversation.

I got to talk to Stephen King quite a bit, too. I reminded him that we'd met before, at the World Fantasy Convention in Ft. Worth, Texas, back around 1979 or so. He signed my copy of Night Shift in an elevator. Surprisingly, he didn't remember the incident. Even more surprisingly, he didn't even remember the convention.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tnere's a certain something about the composition of this shot, Bill.

Cap'n Bob said...

Wow, great cleavage shot of Sandy. You should be the official photographer of the MWA from now on.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Cap'n, subtle as usual.

sas

Unknown said...

I had a feeling I'd get comments like that. But what's a guy to do? It was the only picture I had of Stephen King and Dave Barry together.

Anonymous said...

> But what's a guy to do? It was the only picture I had of Stephen King and Dave Barry together.

Of course. Impressive pair.

Unknown said...

You guys are incorrigible.

Anonymous said...

Somehow this photo reminds me of the WKRP box, or, what did Jan Smithers and Loni Anderson also have in common...the excision of most of the music has also gone as far as having bits where Johnny Fever might be singing a song mockingly as he slides out of a scene...aside from two commentaries and a pair of featurettes that might be Netflixed (on discs one and three), definitely best to wait for the unbowdlerized set. (Beavis: "He wrote set...and pair.")

Unknown said...

Huhhuhhuh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Bill & Ted for the mentions. Dave & I are close (ha).

And nice shot!

Unknown said...

Dave knew your name immediately.