Monday, April 16, 2007

Another Day, Another Remake


IESB.net - Independent Entertainment News - Kasden To Pen Clash of the Titans Remake!: "'Screenwriting hero Lawrence Kasdan has been tapped to pen 'Clash of the Titans' for Warner Bros. Pictures. Basil Iwanyk is producing via Thunder Road.

A remake of the 1981 cult classic, the story revolves around Zeus' son, Perseus, and his journey to save Princess Andromeda during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa. The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects."

4 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

All I can say is they shouldn't mess with perfection.

mybillcrider said...

I figure some people find the Harryhausen animation clunky now.

Cap'n Bob said...

I seem to recall that Harryhausen's FX were good but the movie stank.

mybillcrider said...

I saw it the same weekend I saw Raiders of the Lost Arc. It paled by comparison.