Sunday, June 04, 2006

More on Bob Dylan on XM

This guy gives a lot more than my measley little playlist. He's got a complete transcript of the baseball-themed show.

The Beachwood Reporter: "Bob Dylan Plays Ball
By Don Jacobson

We're getting to know the inscrutable Bob Dylan a little better each week as his Theme Time Radio Hour continues through its first month on XM Satellite Radio. Not that he gives us any heart-to-heart, Oprah-style public soul-searching, and that's probably a good thing, all told. I'm really past the point of caring about that anyway - whatever I may discover now about how he thinks isn't going to change my life like it may have 30 years ago. In fact, it could probably only lower him in my estimation, and God knows I need to hang on to whatever tattered bits of idealism I have left from my so-called youth."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Jacobson hits the nail on his head. Dylan's longevity, I think, is largely due to his disdain of the press. It adds to his inscrutability and mystery.

I've often wondered if writers are the same way. Most of America's truly great writers -- JD Salinger, Harper Lee, Thomas Pynchon, Cormac McCarthy, Don Delilo -- are intensely private