Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Games People Play

Juri Nummelin over at Pulpetti has challenged me to answer a few questions. I'm really bad at this sort of thing, but I'll give it a go.

(1) You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
Today, Moby Dick seems just right to me. Let's see Montag memorize that one.

(2)
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Sure, all the time. I think the first one was Becky Thatcher, and Modesty Blaise is a continuing fantasy of mine, not that she'd give me a second look.

(3)
What are you currently reading?
Silvertip's Strike by Max Brand, because I've never read a Max Brand novel before, and I've been promising myself for months that I would.

(4)
What five books you would take to a deserted island?
Naturally I'd want Shakespeare's collected works in one volume, which would just count as one book. I'd probably need that nice Library of America volume devoted to Chandler, or maybe the one devoted to Hammett. Again one volume equals one book I guess I'll take 'em both. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. And War and Peace. I've never managed to read that one. Maybe if I were desperate, I could get through it.

(5)
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Nobody, probably. I'm not a pass-along kind of guy. If I think of somebody, though, maybe I'll send it along.

No comments: