Wednesday, August 11, 2004

USATODAY.com - DVDs change the shape of entertainment

USATODAY.com - DVDs change the shape of entertainment: "DVDs change the shape of entertainment
By Mike Snider, USA TODAY
Couch potatoes still prefer watching TV to other media pastimes, but more often, the TV is playing DVDs."

This whole article is kind of depressing, if you're a writer. Somewhere below I think I expressed my theory that people were watching DVDs instead of reading. Apparently they're doing it in preference to just about any other kind of entertainment. According to the article, people are spending less time going to theaters, listening to music CDs, and reading newspapers, magazines, and books. Sigh.

1 comment:

Frank Denton said...

I sure as heck watch DVDs (movies) more than television programming. Occasionally watch Cops; the last couple of nights were great. They were on Bourbon Street during Mardis Gras. Once in a while the Food Network will capture my attention. Anna Jo is a faithful Monk fan. I just got 50 Mystery Movies on DVD. Great stuff. Much better than some dumb sitcom.