Friday, August 20, 2004

DAV

This morning I made a trip to the Disabled Veterans Thrift Store. I try to get by there every couple of weeks because you never know what books might turn up. (I got a run of The Lady from L.U.S.T., for example.) Today there wasn't much, but I picked up a hardback copy of the Gardner Dozois anthology The Year's Best Science Fiction. It's the 1999 edition, so I'll have a chance to catch up with some writers I'm no doubt unfamiliar with.

The DAV store also sells vinyl LPs for seventy cents or three for a buck-fifty. I bought Jethro Tull's Aqualung, something by Styx, and a double album by REO Speedwagon. What can I say? I can't resist a bargain.

2 comments:

Frank Denton said...

Now you're talking. That's my kind of music. Jethro Tull may not be my favorite but Anderson is in my top 20. I have four or five LPs by Styx and a couple of REO Speedwagons. You got some good stuff, Maynard.

James Reasoner said...

Do you have anything that will actually play that vinyl, Bill? My turntable died long ago, and I wouldn't know how to go about replacing it (short of eBay, I guess).